The Bourbon-Bacon Chocolate Chunk cookies are rich, chocolaty whiskey-bacon treats. The first time you bite into one of the cookies you taste the sweet, gooey chocolate goodness and the fantastic bacon crunch and a note of bourbon to the taste. The bourbon flavor is just enough to get your lips smacking. If you use the Hershey’s Chocolate Bar called for in the original recipe from Pinterest, it would be okay and may suit some user’s taste buds. However, I just had to use Godiva 50% Cacao Dark Chocolate Cocoa Nibs since I’m a fan of Godiva and I love the richness of their chocolate.
And since we are talking about chocolate, I would have to include Lindt Chocolateas well and you can experiment with all the different chocolate flavors. The last chocolate brand to mention would have to be Ghirardelli Chocolate. This is an opportunity to try out the different chocolate brands and discover your favorite. You should invite some friends around and have a baking party. The Bourbon-Bacon Chocolate Chunk cookies are rich enough to make feel like a millionaire!
This recipe is a Pinterest post from “Recipe Girl”. I changed it up a bit with bourbon, bourbon vanilla extract, and Godiva chocolate. Depending upon how big you make the cookies, the recipe could yield up to 4 dozen cookies. Total prep and cook time comes in at around 40 minutes.
What is your verdict of the Bourbon-Bacon Chocolate chunk cookies?
- ¾ pound center cut thick bacon, 1/2-inch diced
- 2 ½ cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup reserved bacon fat, chilled
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Angel’s Envy Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, chopped (I used Godiva Chocolatier 50% Cacao, Dark Chocolate Cocoa Nibs)
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until the bacon pieces are golden brown and crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess bacon grease. Reserve the bacon fat from the skillet in a glass measuring cup. You will need ½ cup of the bacon fat. Refrigerate it until it has solidified.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter, bacon fat, sugars, bourbon and bourbon vanilla. Mix in the eggs one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the bacon and chocolate. Form the dough into rounded tablespoons on parchment paper covered baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches between each dough ball. You should have about 9-12 dough balls per baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9 – 11 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let stand on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Remove the cookies from the sheets and place on another cooling rack to completely cool – if you can wait that long! Just go ahead and try a warm one, you know you can’t resist!!!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Eunice Mongelli says
OMG THESE WHERE THE BOMB…
BETTER THAN PLAIN CHOCOLATE CHIP
I’m glad you enjoyed the cookies and I’m sorry for not replying sooner. We was on vacation and the location didn’t have good internet connection. Please let me know if which chocolate you used for the cookies. And, thanks for reading our blog.