The Ginger Highball Cocktail is a refreshing whiskey cocktail which can be enjoyed on a warm evening. It is another one of those drinks to sip whilst sitting back on your porch or patio soaking up the evening breeze. The original recipe from the Boozy Baker Cookbook by Lucy Baker called for “bourbon” and Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur. I used the Four Roses Yellow Label Bourbon and a different ginger liqueur. Feel free to use whatever bourbon your taste buds desire.
Was the highball refreshing? Did it cleanse your palate for nibbles and other cocktails?
- 1 ½ ounces Four Roses Yellow Label bourbon
- 1 oz. DeKuyper Ginger Liqueur
- ¾ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. superfine sugar
- 2 oz. club soda
- 3 maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Fill a large cocktail shaker ¾ of ice and add the bourbon, ginger liqueur, lemon juice and sugar.
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Shake the contents for about 20-30 seconds and strain into the highball glass filled with ice. Top with the club soda and garnish with the cherries.