The Glasgow Mule Cocktail is another mule recipe using Scotch whiskey. The whiskey can be either a malt scotch whiskey or a blended whiskey. I decided to give the Sheep Dip Blended Malt Whiskey a try since it’s created using 16 single malt whiskies. The malt whiskies are mainly from 3 whiskey regions in Scotland – The Highlands, Speyside and Islay Island or regions. The cocktail also contains Pur-likor Blossom elderflower liqueur of Germany. The floral notes of the liqueur pairs up well with the soft floral and citrus notes of the whiskey. The ginger beer provides some extra spice to the drink and it helps soothe your stomach as well. The flavor of the cocktail is unique, refreshing and habit forming. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed making and talking about it.
Was the Glasgow Mule cocktail a thirst quencher or do you have to make another one to find out?
- 2 oz. Blended Scotch whiskey, Sheep Dip
- ¾ oz. Santa Cruz Organic Lime Juice
- ½ oz. Elderflower liqueur, Pur-likor
- 4-6 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4 oz. ginger beer, Bundaberg
- Fill a copper mug or Collins glass with ice cubes.
- Add the blended scotch, lime juice, elderflower liqueur and bitters.
- Add the ginger beer. Top off with additional ginger beer, if needed.
- Next, gently stir the contents of the mug or glass with a long handled bar spoon.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.