The Les Sweet Tea is a bourbon whiskey cocktail that comes from The North American Whiskey Guide -From Behind the Bar by Chad Berkey and Jeremy LeBlanc. The cocktail will make you feel like you are in one of the southern states. Maybe that’s because of the Mason jar that you are using as a drinking glass! I had memories of being a youngster in South Georgia picking up pecans and getting a refreshing iced tea which was served in a mason jar (a thoroughly washed out jelly jar). The only difference between then and now is the addition of the bourbon!
Did this version of sweet tea create any lasting memories?
*We make this syrup by cutting the honey with half hot water.
- 2 oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- ¾ oz. honey syrup*
- 8 oz. brewed iced tea
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Fill a 16-oz mason jar with ice, the bourbon, the honey syrup and the brewed iced tea.
- Use a bar spoon to mix the ingredients.
- Garnish with the lemon slices.