The Little Ginger Whiskey cocktail is a great whiskey cocktail to soothe a hot summer. During the weekend, I pulled out a bottle of 2 Gingers Irish whiskey and decided to make the cocktail on the bottle label; however, I ran into a little problem. I didn’t have a Collins glass that the recipe requires so I settled on an old fashioned glass which is quite a bit shorter than a Collins glass.
By changing the glass I ended up with a “Little Ginger with a smooth kick”. The smooth kick would be the smaller amount of ginger ale that I added and, as per the name, it gave me quite the kick!
The 2 GINGERS Irish whiskey is imported and distilled by Kilbeggan Distilling of Ireland. The distillery was formerly Cooley Distillery. I have to agree with Kilbeggan when they describe the flavor as “smooth, malty, and slightly sweet”. The whiskey is blended with a rather smooth taste.
The slight sweetness helps coat the throat which discourages roughness which can lead to coughing. It may be considered medicinal in some parts of the country. So, without further ado, I will like to present – The Little Ginger Whiskey Cocktail.
- 2 parts (3 oz.) 2 GINGERS Irish whiskey
- Ginger ale
- Wedge of both lemon and lime (if desired)
- Fill an old-fashioned glass (or a Collins glass!) with ice or an ice sphere (like Tovolo Ice Sphere).
- Pour 2 parts of 2 GINGERS whiskey over ice.
- Top up with ginger ale. Add a wedge of both lemon and lime, if desired.