The Red High Royal Whiskey Martini is one up from the Red Royal Martini due to the caliber of Canadian whiskey used. I tried Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey years ago and then I came across the Crown Royal XO. The Crown Royal XO is finished in cognac casks and as I do enjoy a good cognac I felt the urge to give it a try and was extremely happy after giving in to my urge! I enjoyed the flavor and smoothness of Crown Royal XO and the Amaretto.
- 2 oz. Crown Royal XO Whiskey
- ½ oz. Amaretto
- Fill a cocktail shaker ½ to 2/3 with ice.
- Add the whiskey and amaretto to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail shaker for 30 seconds to 1 minute and strain into a chilled martini glass/cocktail glass.
- Add a maraschino cherry or three and serve. The additional cherries help keep the royals happy.