The Sag Harbor Sunrise cocktail is a refreshing drink made with Brenne French Single Malt whisky. Brenne provides a floral-citrusy ambiance which creates a visual atmosphere of being at a coastal retreat surrounded crisp, clear ocean waters and luscious, white sands. It has a very aromatic aroma which helps with our vision of tropical surroundings. Brenne whiskey is matured in barrels previously used for cognac and the smooth flavors of the cognac are imparted into the whisky.
Brenne French whisky has a slight nutty scent similar to almond, crisp apples, vanilla, marzipan, and some other fruity aroma like apricots. The taste of scented spring-time flowers that have been brushed with cloves, orange peels, and a tropical spiciness are evident within the whisky. The spiciness is detectable at the start but eventually dissipates. The Sag Harbor Sunrise cocktail originates from the Brenne website.
- 2 oz. Brenne Single Malt French Whisky
- 1 ½ oz. Dekuyper Ginger Liqueur
- 1 oz. Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice or Fresh Squeeze Lemon Juice
- Fill a shaker half way with ice.
- Add the Brenne whisky, ginger liqueur and lemon juice to the iced-shaker and shake the container for 30-60 seconds.
- Strain the shaker contents into a martini glass.
- Garnish with candied ginger, if desired