The Southern Peach Whiskey Cocktail is refreshing but is has a very strong whiskey flavor. I would suggest trying this whiskey cocktail initially at full strength and if needed reduce the amount of whiskey. The bite sized pieces of peach add flavor and gives a sweet-savory taste to the bourbon.
This cocktail originated from Morgan Murphy’s book Bourbon & Bacon: The Ultimate Guide to the South’s Favorite Food Groups.
Please give it a try and let us know your thoughts and comments.
- ½ coarsely chopped, peeled peach
- 1 ½ tsp. turbinado sugar
- 6 Tbsp. (3 oz.) bourbon (93 proof)
- ¼ cup lemon-lime soft drink (such as Sprite or Sierra Mist) or soda water
- Place peach and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the peach into bite-size chunks.
- Add bourbon, and swirl. Pour into a tall Rock glass filled with ice. (Do not strain.)
- Top with lemon-lime soft drink.