Another not-too common Irish cocktail is The Emerald. The Emerald is an Irish whiskey cocktail that looks sophisticated when it is poured into a martini glass instead of a regular tumbler.
The Emerald is similar to a Manhattan; however, it is made with Irish whiskey instead of bourbon and it uses orange bitters rather than Angostura bitters. So even though St. Patrick’s Day is over you can still partake of the Emerald and have all the luck of the Irish!
Please provide us your comments below and let us know your thoughts
The Emerald Cocktail
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey
- 1 oz. sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Orange or lemon peel, if desired
- Chill a cocktail glass with ice and water and set aside.
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass and fill with cracked ice. Stir contents of glass well for about 30 seconds. Dump the glass with the chilled ice water and then strain the cocktail mixture into the chilled glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a piece of orange or lemon peel, or nothing at all