The French Pink Rose is a cocktail that I came up with to celebrate Valentine’s Day and to employ a rather good French whiskey. The French Whiskey is called Brenne and it possesses a unique floral-fruity aroma which I felt would make a great cocktail. When I thought of putting together a Valentine-type of cocktail, I immediately thought of Brenne due to the luscious flavors of tropical fruits and rich sweet flavors similar to a rich crème brulee or lightly toasted brown sugar and bananas.
Brenne French Single Malt whisky is another whisky that has been matured in Cognac cask in Cognac, France. The cognac cask imparts an additional smoothness and distinction with the character of the whisky. Brenne is a “fruit-forward” whisky and can be considered a terrior whisky whereas “terrior” refers to being ‘of the earth’. The fruity-floweriness flavor of the whisky comes through with each sip of the cocktail.
The Strawberry Pucker has a sensual pink-red color which reminds you of soft, pink rose. The soft, pink rose you can present to the love of your life. The slightly sweet flavor of the Strawberry Pucker adds to the sensual side of the cocktail. The cocktail also utilizes Joia All Natural Soda which has a very tropical flavor profile of its own.
The French Pink Rose is a whiskey cocktail you will come to relish every Valentine’s Day. Besides Valentine’s Day, the French Pink Rose is a sensual cocktail can be enjoyed anytime you want to indulge yourself and your friends.
What are your thoughts on the French Pink Rose cocktail?
- 2 oz. Brenne French Single Malt Whiskey
- 1.5 oz. Strawberry Pucker
- 5 oz. Joia All Natural Soda (Pineapple, Coconut and Nutmeg flavor)
- Garnish with fresh Strawberry
- Chill a 4-6 ounce cocktail glass with ice.
- Add whiskey, Strawberry Pucker and Joia All Natural Soda to cocktail shaker. Take a bar spoon and stir shaker contents.
- Empty ices cubes out of cocktail glass and then pour the contents of the shaker into the chilled cocktail/ martini glass.
- Garnish the cocktail glass rim with a fresh strawberry.