Whiskey Peach Cobbler is a delicious sweet treat for people who love whiskey and possess a sweet tooth. When you combine whiskey with peaches in a cobbler recipe you will be heading to dessert heaven with a Big-O smile on your face. Since the recipe calls for fresh peaches your taste buds will dance a jig of their own due to the freshness and sweetness of the peaches.
Having grown up in the south I have always loved peach cobbler and since coming across a peach cobbler recipe with whiskey, I have a good feeling that you have a smile almost as big as the smile on my face.
If you love peach cobbler you are going to enjoy what Kristen cooked up over at the Dine and Dish website. This is a good time to go to http://dineanddish.net/2014/08/peachy-days-recipe-super-simple-whiskey-peach-cobbler/ and check out this delectable dish. The website will provide the story supporting the recipe or if you prefer, I provided the recipe below.
I would suggest you try Fireball Cinnamon Whisky with your dessert to kick up the cinnamon flavor and add just a little more of a kick to the cobbler.
It’s a yum-delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. We would love to hear about your experience in our comment section.
Super Simple Whiskey Peach Cobbler
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- ¼ cup whiskey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter without stirring.
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and whiskey to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over batter (do not stir the batter and peach mixture together) Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve while warm with ice cream!